K tape is a popular type of tape that is used to help heal the body from acute painful conditions to chronic overuse conditions. It can be applied to basically any part of the body in any number of patterns. In general, it takes a certain level training and understanding to learn to apply the tape yourself. What make k tape unique is its elastic capabilities, and addition of a finger print like pattern on the under side of the tape. The two qualities combined can help in many different ways to rid the body of pain or dysfunction. Our Denver chiropractor, Dr. Artichoker, has written several blog articles on the use of kinesio tape.
Types of Conditions that respond well to Kinesio Tape
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Whiplash Injuries
- Car Accident Injuries
- Trigger Points
- Overuse Injuries
- Ankle Sprain
- Shoulder /Elbow Pain
- Wrist Pain
- Hip / Knee Pain
- Ankle / Foot Pain
- ACL tears
- Meniscus Problems
- MCL and LCL Problems
- Sacroiliac Joint, SI Joint
- Elbow Hyperextension
- Rib separations
- AC Seperation
- Shoulder Dislocation
We have had great success with using kinesio taping in Denver along with other popular therapies and state of the art technology, such as cold laser therapy. We find that one technique can be magnified with another in treating one condition. Kinesio Tape works well with cold laser and the use of the Graston Technique. The spinal and extremity joints should also be assessed as well.
How Does Kinesio Tape Work?
Here is a list of the various ways the tape can help an individual. This is based on my clinical experience.
1. Influencing muscple spindle fibers to help change the brains sense of muscle tension.
2. Influencing golgi tendon organs to help improve proprioception of the area.
3. Improves local vascular circulation.
4. Improves local lymphatic circulation.
5. Improves psychosamatic well being.
6. Decreases nociceptive stimulation, thus decreasing pain.
7. Increases surrounding healthy mechanoreceptive stimulation.
8. Provides a medium for topical analgesic, anti-inflammatory, or other substances.
9. Providing 4-6 days of continued use.
10. Helps retain heat, increasing the temperature to the taped area.
11. Provides support to weak, healing areas.
In simple terms, it helps circulation, it helps support muscles, and stimulates an accelerated healing response. If you are interested to see if you can benefit from Kinesio tape therapy, we would love to help. You can get kinesio taping in Denver by call our office.
Call 303-455-2225 to make an appointment.