Cold Laser Treatment
We are still far away from hover boards, and time machines, but our advances in laser therapy to treat pain and injuries has come a long way. Our chiropractic clinic in Denver has the latest advancement in laser therapy. We utilize the MR4 Super Pulsed Laser.
This one piece of equipment utilizes a combination of 5 different therapies. It includes in one treatment, 1. A super pulsed laser, 2. Pulsed broad band infrared, 3. Pulsed red light, 4. Static Magnetic field, and 5. Electric stimulation. This is a very powerful combination, that is used to treat over 300 different conditions.
One of the coolest advances with cold laser equipment, is that it has TARGET technology. Which stands for Treatment Area Recognition and Guidance Enchanced Technology. We use the device to scan an area, and it recognizes areas of increased impedence. This is the area we treat. We pull the trigger, and therapy starts, once the impedence improves, the device stops therapy.
One of the big advantages of this type of cold laser therapy is how deep the laser can penetrate. The laser is able to reach 5 inches of tissue depth. This is amazing, and unique in that other modalities cannot achieve this reach.
Clinical effects of the 5 therapies include:
1. activation of RNA and DNA synthesis
2. increased cell metabolism in the form of ATP
3. improvement of microcirculation
4. reinforcement of collagen synthesis and reduced fibrous tissue formation
5. anti-inflammatory response
6. edema reduction
7. pain reduction
8. stimulation of T-cell production
9. increased levels of prostaglandin synthesis
10. gentle heating of surface tissue layer
11. acts upon receptors in the skin and reduces pain
12. microcirculation activation
13. stimulates epithelial cell growth and regeneration
14. reinforces laser penetration into target tissues
15. localized pain relief
16. reduction in swelling
Laser therapy can be a perfect adjunct to the visit to the chiropractor. I schedule 15-20 minute appointments that include any combination of services that we provide to ensure the most impact.
Laser therapy has over 4,000 clinical trials world wide to document the effects. It is used in over 3,000 hospitals, and used in over 10,000 private practices. It can be used on just about any part of the body, and it has relatively few contraindications.
Olympic athletes, the special forces, US major league soccer team, NBA & NFL players, National soccer team, and chronic pain sufferers all utilize the MR4 Super Pulsed Laser.
The laser can treat a multitude of conditions such as
1. acute, sub-acute, and chronic pain
2. back pain
3. neck pain
4. carpal tunnel symptoms
5. arthritis pain
7. ligament sprains
9. tennis elbow
10. soft tissue injuries
11. muscle strain
This is just a partial list of conditions that the cold laser treats. It is used to treat over 300 different conditions. Cold laser treatments range from 1 time per week for 5 weeks to 2-3 times per week for 6-15 weeks. The frequency of visits is determined by the magnitude of the condition. Treatment by the laser usually lasts between 5-15 minutes.
Dr. Trent Artichoker MS, DC
Denver Chiropractic, LLC
3890 Federal Blvd Unit 1
Denver, CO 80211
No related posts found!
About the Author:Trent Artichoker
Denver chiropractor, Dr. Artichoker uses a variety of techniques to treat neck pain, back pain, whiplash, and sports injuries. He is the owner of Denver Chiropractic, LLC, which is located near down town Denver.
- Ankle Sprain
- Auto Injury / Denver Car Accident
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Cold and Flu Prevention
- Denver Chiropractic Related News
- Denver Personal Injury Attorney
- Graston Technique
- Injury Settlement
- K Tape
- Laser therapy
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Out of area chiropractors
- Overuse Injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- safety of cervical manipulation
- Sports Chiropractic
- Evangeline Maah on How Often Should I Go To A Chiropractor For A Car Accident?
- knee support on Consumer Reports – Chiropractic Treatment #1 for Low Back Pain
- Won't come back!!!!!! on Chiropractors in Denver Treat Spine and Pelvis Problems
- My Homepage on Your Denver Chiropractor Can Help Your Bikers Back
- URL on What is Whiplash?